Submissions Due: Monday, April 22nd (deadline extended!)
(email by 12:00pm noon)
Format: 2′x 3′, printable PDF or JPG
Upload final submission to: ftp://ftp.aecomplex.com/04162013_LightsOutHouston/
*use FileZila “client” if you do not have FTP portal)
* Rename the “0x_CompanyNamex” folder to your company name & place file there.
* Upload a Word *.doc file with your contact info: Company, Contact Name, Phone, E-mail
For questions regarding submission, or problems uploading file, please contact: Kathy Collins
POSTER CONTEST GUIDELINES
- The contents of the poster should convey the intent and spirit of LOH – – turning your lights
off and reducing energy use (see online past winners for examples http://www.lightsouthouston.com )
- The poster should feature the event title and date: LightsOut Houston and April 25, 2013
- Poster designer can be an individual or company. 1 submission per individual or company.
- You may show your company logo on the poster no larger than 2” tall in the lower right corner of the image
(not listed with the “sponsors”, but on the graphic image to give credit for the work and support of this event).
- Building assignments are made randomly.
- All Posters must list participating sponsors. (template files are available for download from the links at the bottom of the page)
- Posters will be uploaded to the website beginning Monday, April 22nd for online voting.
- Online voting – begins Tuesday Morning April 23rd at 8:00 AM and will end Thursday April 25th at 3:00 PM.
- The poster contest winner will be determined by a combination of online voting (65%) and LOH Black Out Party voting (35%).
- Printing – A&E will print posters according to building assignments;
Depending on the number of entries, this will depend on the number of posters printed per entry.
- Sponsorships pay for the poster printing. There is no charge to the poster designer.
- Last year’s entries are posted on the website in case it helps a designer to get a feel for the poster requirements.
Important dates to note once entry us submitted:
Posters will be displayed at participating downtown properties (in their lobby) and through the LOH weekend.
April 23rd – 25th:
Online voting (encourage your clients, collegues, and friends to vote!)
After 3:00pm, April 25th, voting ONLY at the BlackOut Party
The LightsOut Houston Celebration and BlackOut Party Voting