Submissions Due: Monday, March 31st (email by 12:00pm noon)
Format: 2′x 3′, printable PDF or JPG
Upload final submission to: ftp://ftp.aecomplex.com
Look for folder “Lights Out Houston 2014” and drop in your file.
*use FileZila “client” if you do not have FTP portal)
* Rename the “0x_CompanyNamex” folder to your company name & place file there.
* Upload a Word *.doc file with your contact info: Company, Contact Name, Phone, E-mail
For questions regarding submission, or problems uploading file, please contact: Kathy Collins
POSTER CONTEST GUIDELINES
- The contents of the poster should convey the intent and spirit of LOH – – turning your lights
off and reducing energy use (see online past winners for examples http://www.lightsouthouston.com )
- The poster should feature the event title and date: LightsOut Houston and April 24, 2014
- Poster designer can be an individual or company. 1 submission per individual or company.
- You may show your company logo on the poster no larger than 2” tall in the lower right corner of the image
(not listed with the “sponsors”, but on the graphic image to give credit for the work and support of this event).
- Building assignments are made randomly.
- All Posters must list participating sponsors. (template files are available for download from the links at the bottom of the page)
- Online voting – begins soon. Details coming.
- The poster contest winner will be determined by an online survey administered via Survey Monkey (one response per email address)
- Printing – A&E will print posters according to building assignments;
Depending on the number of entries, this will depend on the number of posters printed per entry.
- Sponsorships pay for the poster printing. There is no charge to the poster designer.
- Last year’s entries are posted on the website in case it helps a designer to get a feel for the poster requirements.
Important dates to note once entry is submitted:
Posters will be displayed at participating downtown properties (in their lobby) and through the LOH weekend.
Flip those Switches! The LightsOut Houston BlackOut
Download the poster template files (choose your format – each file is the same)
download the EPS template
(this file is 375MB and has been compressed to a zip file for download)
download the PDF template
(this file is also very large and may take some time to download. Best viewed as a document, not in browser)